Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lion Brand Crochet Along part 2

As an update on how the afghan is doing, I've gotten 4 panels down now and only have 1 more panel plus the border to do. It is turning out to be a pretty blanket. I think it will be great to have for future little ones. I think if I do this pattern again, I will incorporate a few more different types of blocks just to break up the monotony of it all. I may replace Block 1 entirely because I think there are a lot more exciting and better looking stitches than just the single crochet ribbing. I am crocheting the blocks together which I like better than the whipstitch method (it's much faster for one reason), but the way I am doing it it leaves a seam on the backside of the work that doesn't look real nice. I'll have to see if there is a way to join the blocks by crochet and NOT have that seam. All in all though, I think this is a project worth repeating. It is fast, simple, and would make a great last minute gift.

In other news, I just received a box full of nifty new yarns for me to try. I've ordered a few different ones that I have not had the chance to try yet to expand my knowledge of yarn. I'm excited to get to play with these new types of yarn.

I think the next few projects that I tackle will be a couple of cute amigurumi animals (because I have recently been sucked into the world of amigurumi) and I also have a few patterns that I have scrabbling around in my head that are just dying to get out on paper and into yarn. There are also various Christmas presents that are crying for attention. I'm so excited to be graduating in December because this means that I will have all this extra time to work on all these nifty projects.

No comments: