Monday, September 8, 2008

Lion Brand Crochet Along

About a week back, I joined a crochet along hosted by Lion Brand. We are doing a sampler afghan. So far I've had fun doing it. I have three and one half columns done for a total of 20 blocks. I spent the last couple days in Maine as a chaperone for a church teen retreat and that gave me a lot of time to work on my squares.
I'm not following the pattern to the letter (but what type of crocheter would I be if I did?).  I'm using a K hook as opposed to the P called for in the pattern.  I am also using Bernat Softee Baby yarn in Mint.  I love the softness of this yarn.  I've used it in a few different colors to make me a couple pairs of warm socks to wear in the winter.  I'm enjoying the project so far and am anxious to see what the afghan will look like when it is finished.  You can check out my progress on my new ravelry account under the name WenP.

No comments: