Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bernat Mystery Afghan CAL


Ok, so I started the mystery afghan. Following the directions, I started out with my Contrast A color which happens to be Fern. First things first, we start out checking our gauge. I fiddled around with a couple different hooks and tensions and wound up staying with the J size hook called for in the pattern, but with a lot looser grip on the yarn than I am used to. The gauge states that 11sc and 12 rows are 4". Here is my swatch:

Fern_swatch

After the getting the swatch right I started right on the squares. The pattern is one row of sc followed by a row of dc. It is important to remember that when you count the turning chain as a dc on the dc row, you must skip the first sc of the previous row. If you do not, you will end up with an extra stitch every time. I'm not going to post my finished square directly into my blog so I don't spoil the surprise, but if you want to see the finished square, you can click here.

I've finished my 2 squares and eagerly await next Wednesday for the next clue. Good luck everyone else on their squares. :)

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I enjoyed visiting you and seeing some of your work.
Thank you so much for the Popcorn hotpad. Am going to make one tomorrow.