Friday, September 17, 2010

Rededicate

Ok, so I haven't really been dedicated to this blog in the past year or so... but this is an effort to get rededicated.

"Big" News:
  • Baby came in January. Bouncing 11lbs 4oz, 22" baby boy named Aiden. He's a cutie, but a handful and the main reason this blog has not been updated in forever.
  • I got 2 patterns published in the 2011 Crochet Pattern A Day Calendar. (YAY!) Look for me on March 21 and the September bonus. I'm currently working on finishing my submission for the 2012 calendar. It's due Oct. 15.
I received yarn today for my entry in the Bernat Mystery Afghan Crochet-Along. The colors I chose are:

Contrast A – Fern
Contrast B – Aqua
Contrast C – Teal
Contrast D – Grass
Contrast E – Emerald

The Emerald is a lot more blue than I imagined it would be from the website. I hope it looks ok with my other color selections when the afghan is put together... Aside from any misgivings I have about the colors, I am excited to get the first clue so I can start making the afghan.

I have a few other projects I am working on as well for Christmas (again... 99 days left). I miss the time I used to have when I didn't have a kiddo, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. :)

Free Crochet Pattern of the Day: Soap Sack

On the hook: V-Stitch Tote Bag (personal design)

Days til Christmas: 99

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children”- Ephesians 5:1

1 comment:

Not the Waltons said...

I have been slacking on my blog as well, but children will do that to you ;o) COngrats on your bundle! What a joy! I am working on the mystery CAL also, I planned on blogging through it, haven't got there yet ;o)

Thanks for sharing your blog I am enjoying it!