Monday, September 20, 2010

Stuff to do with wool...

So I found out that I'm not really allergic to wool after all. I must have just reacted to the particular yarn I was working with. The other day I got an idea from a friend to make your own felted dryer balls to use in place of dryer sheets. She got the idea here. Because only animal fibers felt, I had to use wool. I think they turned out pretty well. A couple of them are going as Christmas gifts.

dryer balls


I finished my tote bag, I just have to write up the pattern and send it in. I am now working with another type of wool:
Supersock Lace Semi Solids - Mango by Cherry Tree Hill. I'm using it to make a winter hat for my son and I'm also thinking about making him a stuffed animal out of it as well. He loves orange. :)

Free Crochet Pattern of the Day: Apple Blossom Placemat

On the hook: Winter hat

Days til Christmas: 96

“Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”-Joel 2:23

No comments: